Sunday, February 7, 2010

My favorite place in town

(This picture was taken this fall, before I was 6.5 months pregnant)
This retro style bakeshop 3 blocks away from our house is more than just a great place to buy a muffin. It's the type of bakery you walk into and feel like you've just come home from school and mom has made you cookies. Its a place you can celebrate and be reminded of all the food nostalgia that make up family memories.

Everything is homemade in small batches with a lime green Kitchen Aide and Linda the owner tests every batch of cookie, pie, muffin or quiche batter personally before it goes into the oven. There are old fashion toys and a kitchen set that kids can play with in the corner. On Fridays a smiley guy that looks like a skinny Santa Clause in a plaid shirt plays bluegrass music on his harmonica and guitar during lunch time.
If you can't go to grandma's house, this is the next best thing.

6 comments:

Krystal said...

How cute!! I don't have that place nearby, so I'll bo going to your grandmas! Love and miss you!

deerhollow said...

LOVE that place! It would be such a crazy temptation for me if I lived where yo do.

PS I am working my elliptical!!
But I still crave cupcakes :)

Unknown said...

Amen

Starlie and Nate Schmutz said...

hey Danielle!
I love those kinds of places. So my parents are going to take Nate and I to Alaska for a week! (Nate's pure dream) and they are letting us choose what we wanna do. I was just wondering if there was anything you and Brady would suggest doing since you are the experts! We are going the 2nd to last week in July this summer. If you have any good ideas for us, my email is starlie.schmutz@gmail.com or just comment my blog I guess! Thanks, and I hope everything is going good with pregnancy #2! It is COMPLETELY worth every bit having a second child. There is something that just lights up inside of me seeing them play and interact. I can't wait for Liam to be a big brother!

Starlie and Nate Schmutz said...

oh by the way- we'll have Emma and Tye with us as well.

Becca said...

i love finding those cozy sandwich/coffee/bookstore/bakery shops. every town and city should be required to have one! :)